ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2002-03 > 1017308293

From: "JEANETTE SHERMER" <>
Subject: Re: 1901 census transcription OUR RIGHTS
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:38:13 -0000

I think you will find that all the information on the 1901 census is "Public
Information / Knowledge" and the PRO cant charge for us to look at it, If
you look at it on the web then the PRO can charge for the work they have
done putting it on the web. If we go to a Public Record office and look it
up then there is no charge
and there by the 1901 census is Not Copy Rght. so if we read some of it
and then we choose to 'SHARE OUR INFORMATION'
then what can anyone do about that. Its Public Information.
Jeanette