ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2001-09 > 1000759852

From: "roger.hailwood" <>
Subject: Convicts
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 21:50:52 +0100

Hi you knowledgeable people.

I have discovered an ancestor Will GIBBONS who came from Foxearth in the North of the county, who was released from the prison hulk Laurel in Portsmouth in consequence of His Majesty's Free Pardon on 8th July 1818.
Any suggestions 1. As to the issuing of a Free Pardon about that date.
2. Where I could find information as to why he was there in the first place.

I am sure someone will be able to enlighten me.

Roger Hailwood
Alrewas, Burton on Trent, England
Researching GIBBONS, NUNN, GARDINER, KEEBLE,CANSDALE,
WARD, WALLACE, MINGAY, FROST (Suffolk/Esssex)
HARDY, DOWNHAM (Lancashire)
HAILWOOD (Worldwide)

This thread: