ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2001-08 > 0999284379

From: "Ian Hunter" <>
Subject: RE: Pre 1700 relationships?
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 19:59:47 -0700

Umm, hate to tell you this, but around the mid 1800's there was a
beginning of the boom in genealogy and a lot of charlatans around to
take advantage of it.
A lot of people wanted to "prove" that they were related to some
famous/wealthy bod and it wasn't too difficult to knock something up in
a couple of hours and charge an arm and a leg for the privilege.

Quite easy to bung in a few generations of John's when you get a bit

Ian Pubby Hunter

Essex Pubs at:

Essex Directories at: