ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2001-07 > 0995267655

From: "Norman Lee" <>
Subject: Re: how long between birth & baptism?
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 08:14:15 +0100

One thing to remember with all adult sources is that they lie - not all of
them, but enough - plus that many in former times did not know how old they
were and only had a vague notion of their birthday. You only have to look at
a reliable source and then check the next available census entry to see the
differences that occur. It's best to gather as many dates for a person as
possible and then make a reasoned guess.

Audrey (Stockport UK)