ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2001-03 > 0984596903

From: "David Lamb" <>
Subject: Re: St Leonards Rd- Colchester
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 19:08:23 -0000

Hello,
The Factory is Davy, Paxman and Co Ltd, and made boilers (for steam driven
vehicles) then later diesel engines, including that for the 125 high speed
train. St Leonard's Road is a turning of Standard Road, where one of the
factory entrances is. Standard Road is a turning off Hythe Hill, which is
the road where St Leonard's church is situated. It sounds as if your
grandfather lived in Standard Road, or possibly Hythe Hill.

SKS is nothing to do with family history - it's e-mail shorthand for "some
kind soul".

I hope this helps.
Regards,
David Lamb, Devon, England
Interests: Essex: BAXTER, BERRY, DODSON, GOLDSTONE, LAMB, NEWMAN, PARTRIDGE,
SARGENT, WEBB, WILLSHER Suffolk: BRINGLOVE or BRYNGLOVE, FINCH, PARTRIDGE
Sussex: RALPH Norfolk: DODSON