ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2000-11 > 0975173194

From: Ian Hunter <>
Subject: Re: Miles v Kilometres
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 17:26:34 GMT

Look,

I'm sorry to have started this by using metric, but this list is not
just used by people with the one measuring system and here in the UK we
are supposed to be embracing metrication.

To find the imperial equivalent of kms, multiply by 5 and divide by 8.
60km = 37.5m

Now can we kill this off please?

Cheers

Ian Pubby Hunter

http://www.essexpubs.co.uk

http://www.tiptree.freeserve.co.uk

On Sat, 25 Nov 2000 15:58:08 -0000
"RUTH BORROWDALE" <> wrote:

> Hi everyone
> Of course people in England want distances in miles on kilometres. Anyone travelling on roads in England will tell you that all distances between places are shown on road signs in the English way not the European way ie miles not kilometres. I am relatively young but I don't understand kilometres but I do know how far somewhere is away in miles.
> Ruth Borrowdale (Lancaster)

This thread: