ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2000-09 > 0968770163

From: "Vivian J. Parkins" <>
Subject: Re: Woodham Ferrers
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 15:49:23 +0100

Dear Maree & Stephen,

Woodham Ferrers is a delightful village a few miles away
from me and has one of my favourite pubs, The Bell. Unfortunately I can no
longer get there because I am now disabled and rely on other people to take
me. Carry out the following instructions and you will get the map of it up on
your screen.

1) Logon to <http://www.streetmap.co.uk>;

2) Select the radio-button "Landranger Grid"

3) Enter " TQ797994" (without the quotes), then click on "Search".
A map of Woodham Ferrers will gradually unfold before your eyes -- the
outline red arrow will be pointing to the church (opposite "The Bell"). Use
the zooming controls below the display on the right to bring in Danbury,
Burnham-on-Crouch and Southminster (and the New Town of South Woodham).

I checked this before sending and find that to show the other places you
require, as expected you must zoom out, but in addition you must pan right by
clicking on the green arrow on the RH edge of the display.

Good hunting .. .. .. Vivian J. Parkins (Mr) .. .. .. ESFH #5266

<>

Maree & Stephen Croxon wrote:

> Hi Listers,
>
> Could anyone possibility tell me which area Woodham Ferrers is and maybe how
> far it is from Southminister, Danbury and Burnham on Crouch? I have lots of
> family born in this location and they seemed to move out from the location
> to the other places.
>
> Maree Croxon
> RESEARCHING CROXON from especially Essex, but anywhere else.
> and all associated families

This thread: