ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2000-09 > 0968259086

From: Geoff Folkard <>
Subject: Re: Not Gen. related
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 17:51:26 +0100

Hi Dave, Tony, Phil,

Sometime ago my daughter's partner printed a family tree of about 1100
people for me on a plotter and I ended up with a printout about 8 feet long
by about 3 feet wide (width of the paper roll) it would otherwise have been
on about 60 sheets of A4. He works with CAD and I'm not sure how he did it,
all I gave him was a floppy disc with the 'Chart' output file from my
Reunion Program. I will be seeing him the end of next week and will ask him
if anyone wants to know how it's done!

Geoff

At 20:02 05/09/00 -0500, buchner wrote:
>I hope I'm wrong here, as this has been a problem for me as well. Aside
>from finding a printer capable of printing to a large roll of paper, one
>would also need the software to drive it. I'm not aware of a genealogy
>program that can direct a printer to print on anything larger that 11 x 17.
>A tree might have to be converted to AutoCad or some such program than an
>architect or engineer might use before it could be printed, but I suspect
>that would have to be done completely manually, i.e., redrawing the entire
>tree. Hope I'm wrong.
>
>Tony

This thread: