ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2000-08 > 0966751378

From: "Anne Major" <>
Subject: Re: CONVICTS
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 16:02:58 +1000

Hi Mary,
I stand corrected!!! I'm really glad that you have given the proper story
so well, I have just learnt a lot, sorry I got it all wrong. The bit about
the church is what we were told last year so I thought it was right, and we
were also told that Sarah Island was the first place convicts were taken to.
Maybe I didn't listen properly and they meant when convicts were sent to
Tasmania. We also spent a wonderful hour on Sarah Island, we thought it
was going to be boring, but the man who did the tour was brilliant and
brought it all to life, how awful it must have all been. We also went up
the Gordon River, such a beautiful river it took our breath away, we could
not believe the reflections.
I think I'll stick to English history in future!!!!
Anne - Oz (but not Oz!!)