ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2000-05 > 0958106971

From: Michele Waldron-Berry <>
Subject: Re: 1881 lookup or help please/MASON
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 14:49:31 +1000

Hi Gail,
I notice you have a Benjamin MASON,- do you know If he had a sister called
Emma MASON married cira Cira 1834 to a William ALLEN -their child
George ALLEN is down as being born in Essex on the 6th. May 1834
George **my GGG-grandfather emigrated to Ballarat Australia in 1850's.
TIA, best regards,
Michele Archer Waldron Berry.
for very sunny Qld.

"GAIL.O" wrote:

> Hi listers,
> I'm throwing myself on your kindness to us down-under people
> <grin>. Not being able at the moment to visit the FHC I would really
> appreciate a hunt for my hopeless family.
>
> Benjamin MASON married Anne GREEN in Sept. 1844 in Eynsham. As he was an
> excise officer he was apparently moved around the country a lot because of
> his job.
> They were both of full age when they married.
> They had a daughter called Anne Maria MASON born in 1849, but she was
> married in Walthamstow in 1880 so wouldn't be living with her parents in
> 1881. However her birth certificate lists Benjamin MASON, so I am assuming
> that he at least would still be alive, and he might have been living in
> Walthamstow.
>
> Has anyone tripped over him in their travels, OR could anyone please see if
> they can find him and Anne in 1881. I am really trying to find Anne's
> birthplace, as picking the right Anne out of thousands is a bit unlikely!!
>
> Thanks for reading this
> Gail in NZ

This thread: