ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2000-05 > 0958081708

From: "GAIL.O" <>
Subject: 1881 lookup or help please
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 09:48:28 +1200

Hi listers,
I'm throwing myself on your kindness to us down-under people
<grin>. Not being able at the moment to visit the FHC I would really
appreciate a hunt for my hopeless family.

Benjamin MASON married Anne GREEN in Sept. 1844 in Eynsham. As he was an
excise officer he was apparently moved around the country a lot because of
his job.
They were both of full age when they married.
They had a daughter called Anne Maria MASON born in 1849, but she was
married in Walthamstow in 1880 so wouldn't be living with her parents in
1881. However her birth certificate lists Benjamin MASON, so I am assuming
that he at least would still be alive, and he might have been living in
Walthamstow.

Has anyone tripped over him in their travels, OR could anyone please see if
they can find him and Anne in 1881. I am really trying to find Anne's
birthplace, as picking the right Anne out of thousands is a bit unlikely!!

Thanks for reading this
Gail in NZ

This thread: