ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 1998-11 > 0912358569

From: Mike THOMAS <>
Subject: DNA
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 11:56:09 -0500

Message text written by INTERNET:
>if the DNA link is positive, will it count
>as a link for the purpose of genealogy? Does the DNA image plate count
>as documentary evidence?<

Further to this interesting discussion, surely a DNA test result would be
better Genealogical evidence than any words written on paper. It could be
used to check the accuracy of documents.
Perhaps one day we will be able to search a database of DNA matches against
names on the internet (after 100 yrs of course).
Maybe future census returns should include DNA data. The mind boggles!

Mike Thomas
BRISTOL UK
Researching RAWLING,SMITH,EVES,NORFOLK in Ridgewell area, BARRICK and
HAYDEN in Dunmow / High Easter/ Barnston & East Ham.
ESFH 3413, EoL FHS 5615

This thread: