ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 1998-11 > 0911783490

From: "Sheryll Basham" <>
Subject: new member
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 14:11:30 +1300

Hi everyone
I am new to the list and would like to say hi from Auckland NZ. My name is
Sheryll Basham and I am researching my husbands ancestry from MALDON. There
were 3 families of BASHAMS in this area with different family occupations.
My family is the Shipwrights, fisherman & clerks to the Coast Guard. My
research stars with James & Hannah nee Dykes who had 7 children. Their son
William married Ann Perkins in 1838 and had 8 children .Their son Charles
Napier married Fanny Burton. This is the family I have been having trouble
with. I have there first 3 children from the 1881 census ie. Mabel caroline,
Frank Lester & Reginald. I know of one other son Charles Louis. Charles
Napier came to NZ in 1922 to live with his son Reginald and died here 15 yrs
later. His death cert gives 7 living children and I have been unable to find
the rest. If anyone has access to the 1891 census I am sure at least another
3 children would have been born by then. Would be most grateful..... If
anyone is following this family I do have more information on the NZ and
the English connection. Thanks Sheryll Basham

This thread: