ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 1998-10 > 0907910606

From: P R Bailey <>
Subject: LDS CDs
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 22:23:26 -0700

What a lot of guff you lot go on about the LDS and their CDs . They have
spent hundreds of hours preparing these discs and are prepared to make them
available at a most reasonable price . Where else can any thing that
contains so much FH information be purchased so cheaply.
If there are supply problems I think we should sit back and wait patiently
then be very grateful when the discs do eventually arrive.
The Australian Vital Records is not available for sale in Australia, not
because of the LDS but because the AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT imposed that
condition on prior to releasing their copyright on the Statistics.

Dont attack the LDS, attack the Money grabbing Australian Government who
sell basically the same discs in Australia for about $AU1500.

I am not a Mormon , just appreciative of the work they do and their
willingness to share it.
Phil Bailey <> Sydney, Australia

This thread: