ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 1998-10 > 0907252934

From: "Una & Ron Harrison" <>
Subject: Query on absent mariners/Census
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 22:42:14 +0800

Hello friends rellies and neighbours,
Can anyone please tell me if there were seperate records kept on such
people as oyster dredgers and other watermen who do not seem to appear on
many of the census records. I thought that they would have been accounted
for in some way or another.
There must be other researchers who must be wondering where the menfolk
where at census time. Look forward to hearing from some one. Thank you.
Regards. Una.W.Oz
Researching CLARK - Tollesbury, MATTHAMS, MATTHEMS,
MATHAMS,MATHEMS,MATHUMS,MARTHAMS etc.etc from Maldon or any other district
in Essex.
Were the CLARKs from the Jolly Sailor in Maldon, were they Maldon or
Tollesbury CLARKs. 1891 census.

This thread: