ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 1998-09 > 0906894750

From: Lincoln/Hornburg< >
Subject: Re: Genealogy is what this site is for
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 13:12:30 +0200

At 06:40 PM 9/27/98 +1000, Paul & Kathryn Lucas wrote:
>I dont believe that Jannette should put on this site asking for people to
>buy tickets to a show. This site is for genealogy only.
>Otherwise everyone will want to sell something if it is not stopped.
>Regards
>Kathryn
Hi Folks,

Take a good a look below at the posting in question ( by Jeanette
Scarborough):
hi list

I'm probably not meant to do this - but - with my other hat on as a
committee member of the Friends of Chelmsford Museums I was meant to
sell tickets for an fund-raising event. My excuse is that I've been too
busy on this list and the Manchester list.

Snip.

1. I feel this member (Jeanette) has contributed interesting material.

2. She is new to the list. (Welcome, Jeanette!)

3. Museums are a first cousin to genealogy.

4. Jeanette did indeed acknowledge her "venial sin". I expect she and
others do indeed understand the purpose of the list.

5. Call off the police, What is the point of lurking, only to jump on
someone's venial sin?

6. From an American contacting me, I read: "Looking for ancestors...,
finding friends."

7. I've found, e.g. charming gardening remarks contributed, and appreciate
the newsy, friendly banter that English people do so well.

8. If human nature can be so marginally insensitive at times, we ought not
fear looking forward to the day when others will be searching our names.

Best,
csl
Catherine S. Lincoln
Postfach 61
38316 Hornburg
Germany
Searching: HARVIE ALVANEY in the UK (and Bohemian Roots all over the
world)

This thread: