ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 1998-08 > 0904082857

From: "Sandra Turner" <>
Subject: RE: St Caths Index lookup
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 23:07:37 +0100

Hi Fred
I looked-up the marriage index and the number is right for Emily Turnidge as
you had it married 1885 Q3 Maldon 41 534
but looking up Bailey and no one named Bailey married that quarter.
You will need to buy the certificate to find out who this girl married.
I did look at the 1881 census index while I was there and
Emily Turnidage was aged 15 then living at Woodham Walter also there were
John Turnidage her father aged 57
Hannah Turnidage his wife aged 55
There were some Baileys living at Woodham Walter just one family
Thomas Bailey aged 32
Mary Ann Bailey his wife aged 31 and
James O.B. Bailey son aged 2
I hope this helps.
It wasn't until about 1920 when the spouses name was entered in the marriage
index that can be seen at the family record centre.
best wishes from
Sandra

researching:
Turner/Chapman/Nunn/Nicholls/Cant/Humphreys/Campion in Essex
Clemas/Baldwin/Rosser/Mason/Bailey in
Dorset/Gloucestershire/Glamorgan/Hampshire

I was told that her spouse's surname
> was BAILEY
I shall be very grateful if someone could check for Emily's spouses name
for me.
> Thanks you
>
> Fred Turnidge
> 337 Bridle Track