EOLFHS-MEMBERS-L Archives

Archiver > EOLFHS-MEMBERS > 2003-07 > 1058472488

From: "Nanny" <>
Subject: Re: re:[EOLFHS] Watney Street School?
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 21:08:08 +0100

Hi Pauline
My mum is staying with me at the moment aged 84. She remembers Watney
market quite plainly but has no recollection of a school but then Mum was
from Bermondsey. Dad was from Strepney and went to school in Stepney. He
probably would have known more but unfortunately he died back in 1990. Mum
was interested to know your mum's name. My dad was Samuel (Sammy) Stevens
and mum was Lilian Nosworthy.
When I can get to my geneology box I'll look up the local map to see if I
can identify a school for you. I have my dad's younger brothers and sister
still around so they may be able to help. Best wishes Josie Miell (nee
Stevens) member 3470