EOLFHS-MEMBERS-L Archives

Archiver > EOLFHS-MEMBERS > 2002-02 > 1014595359

From: "Sharon Deane" <>
Subject: Re: [EoLFHS] White Paper: 'Civil Registration: Vital Change'
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 00:02:39 -0000

Just visited Geoffs page found it very straight forward and informative. I
find it very strange that we will be allowed a persons name at marriage and
maiden name but they will be classing their addresses as restricted
information.

Up until now we have been free from restrictions apart from the 100 years
law. I dont think what is proposed bodes well for anyone researching family
history.

I am wondering what the European Court of Human rights would make of this
latest situation.
regards
Sharon.

> There has been much discussion recently on various mailing lists
concerning
> the White Paper on Civil Registration.
>
> I have been asked by Geoff Westcott to post the following message to the
list:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to advise you of a new web site
> (http://www.montypython.cwc.net/) I have just created which discusses the
> new government White Paper titled "Civil Registration: Vital Change,
Birth,

This thread: