ENSIGN-L Archives

Archiver > ENSIGN > 2002-10 > 1034384924

From: Diana Smith <>
Subject: [Ensign] New List Administrator.
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 18:08:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all members,

I would like to introduce myself, as the new administrator for this list. I am Ethel aka Diana. If you care to address me, either "handle" will be just fine.

I have been researching the Ensign family history for about a year now, so I am still a very "newbie" at this family. And living in the deep south, with most of the records in the northeastern and plains states, this is somewhat a handicap. However, I have been doing genealogy for about 23-24 years now. I started out with a pen and spiral notebook. This computer age is the best thing that ever happened to family "root-diggers".

I hope that this list will grow by leaps and bounds. This can only be accomplished by you and I. I'm very new at lists, and ask your help and patience as I learn.

Please feel free to contact me with whatever you have a need to do so. If I can't answer your questions, or address a particular problem, I will try to find the solution, or refer you to the rootsweb experts.

Welcome to this list and happy hunting to all.

Diana