ENG-YKS-HARROGATE-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-YKS-HARROGATE > 2009-06 > 1244583236

From: "Sue Beardsley" <>
Subject: Re: [Harrogate] BISHOP THORNTON
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 22:33:56 +0100

Hello Patricia.
Do you have any information about how to buy 'A Constant People'? I live in
Nottingham and would be very interested in obtaining a copy of it, but would
not be able to travel up to Bishop Thornton.
My gg grand-father, John Chapman was born in Bishop Thornton in 1803/4. His
birth year has been obtained from census information as the IGI information
only starts in 1806. I assume that he was the child of John and Mary Chapman
who had six further children baptised at St Joseph's. I know from his
marriage certificate that his father's name was John and I know from his
subsequent history that he was a Roman Catholic. (He married at the Catholic
Chapel in Hull and worked as a butler for a number of Catholic families in
Yorkshire).
Any advice you could give about buying the book would be gratefully
received.
Sue