ENG-WARKS-BIRMINGHAM-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-WARKS-BIRMINGHAM > 2003-07 > 1057346893

From: Sue Bell <>
Subject: Re: [B'ham] New Member Posting Name Interests
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 20:28:14 +0100 (BST)

Noted your JELF interest.

I have Harriet JELF as a witness to the wedding of Thomas Joseph HADDOCK to Mary May JONES on 25th December 1893 in Smethwick. I believe she is some relation to one of them - not sure yet which.

Happy Hunting

Jacquelynn Fanthom <> wrote:
Just thought I'd post my list of interests, they're mostly local to the
three shires, Staffordshire, Worcestershire and Warwickshire. They seemed to
move around a fair bit and quite a few were employed on the canals.

If anyone has any connections or thinks that I might be able to tie up a
loose end, though I don't have much documented evidence yet, please contact
me.

BERESFORD, DALEY, DRAPER, FANT(H)OM, JELF, HOLLOWAY, MANSELL, POSTLETHWAITE,
REAVILL(E)

Jacquelynn FANTHOM
Oldbury

NO Virus warnings, seasonal greetings or private 'chit-chat' on this list! Okay? Other than that, anything pertaining to the lives & times of those we seek goes, but MUST be kept within the *List's Golden Rule*.

Sue
Researching:
SOUTHAM - Turweston, Aston, Ladywood, West Bromwich, Canada, USA
BELL - Notts/Derby, Aston, Australia?
BRYANT - Buckingham, Smethwick
JONES - Rhyl, Smethwick
JACKSON - Worcester, Warwickshire, USA