ENG-STS-SEDGLEY-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-STS-SEDGLEY > 2009-08 > 1250578571

From: stephen buckley <>
Subject: Re: [ENG-STS-SEDGLEY] Ann McGuire/Maquire
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 08:56:11 +0200 (CEST)

Do you know the FreeBMD pages? You might be able to find a marriage for Ann between 1881 and 1891, either in Wigan or it'll probably show up as 'Dudley' if Sedgley (because Dudley is the registration district). Any possibles from that search can be checked for new surnames in the 1891, to see if any of them were born in Sedgley. You'll only get the quarter of the year from FreeBMD, but the registry will provide a certificate if you give them the quarter, and from that you'll have a lot more info. Otherwise, a search on Ancestry might easily find the marriage once you have the info from FreeBMD. Ancestry might well have the info anyway - just easier if you have more focus from FreeBMD, I think.

Christine B

Message Received: Aug 18 2009, 12:52 AM