ENG-MERSEYSIDE-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-MERSEYSIDE > 2007-11 > 1196343697

From: GEORGE HIGHTON <>
Subject: Re: [ENG-MERSEYSIDE] William Huyton/ Highton Born Prescot
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:41:37 +0000 (GMT)

Yes Gordon
hold my hands up you'r right once again (my memory is not what it was ) it was before I had got back that far

Nellie Highton Married William John Jones St Pauls Tranmere 27-3-1930
Her Father William Highton Master Mariner 1 Lever Terrace Tranmere
is this one of yours
( Given to me by a volunteer Transcriber in Birkenhead)
Regards George

Gordon Evans <> wrote:
Hi George

>You never mentioned you had Hightons in your Tree what else are
>you hiding in there

I'm pretty certain I would have mentioned my HIGHTONs to you before, since
I've known for quite a while that my 2nd cousin 4 times removed Elizabeth
SHERLOCK (b1796 Caldy) married a Henry HIGHTON around 1823 in Liverpool and
had at least 5 HIGHTON children born there.
This Henry was quite likely born 1796 in Melling, Lancashire, but I doubt
I'll ever be able to prove it since he didn't make it to the 1841 Census.
:-(

Lots of HIGHTONs (+ variations) around, of course - far more thank you'd
imagine!

Regards
Gordon