ENG-LIVERPOOL-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-LIVERPOOL > 2002-10 > 1034740444

From: jcthacyk <>
Subject: [ENG-LIV] Time frame needed for 2 Liverpool photographers
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 21:54:04 -0600

Hi,

I'm from Saskatchewan, Canada, and I've just joined this list. I have two
pictures which were taken in Liverpool, sometime in the 1800s and I would
really appreciate it if someone could tell me what time frame these
photographers were in business. It would help me date these pictures, and
perhaps be able to determine who the pictures are of.

The back of the first picture has the following:
Semper Sursum
BROWN, BARNES & BELL.
Rich Brown, R.W. Barnes, Joseph Bell
Proprietors of the Studios formerly
VANDYKE & BROWN
Art Photographers
Miniature & Portrait Painters
51 Bold Street, 34 Castle St., 87 Lord St.
LIVERPOOL
Durham Hall, Bootle, & at Southport

The back of the second picture has the following:

A. F. VOGEL
Artist & Photographer
31 Brunswick Road
LIVERPOOL
Negatives kept. Copies can always be had.

I believe at least one of these pictures are of my g-g-grandmother, Hannah
Pass who lived at Sheffield.

Thanks,
Kathy

This thread: