ENG-LAN-OLDHAM-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-LAN-OLDHAM > 2008-03 > 1205306048

From: "Margaret Oldham" <>
Subject: Re: [ENG-LAN-OLDHAM] ENG-LAN-OLDHAM Digest, Vol 3, Issue 15
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 07:14:08 -0000

I hope Colin from mlfhs is the one you mean who is there Wednesdays- he is
so helpful and his knowledge amazing. I have organised my diary to have a
Weds free in a couple of weeks to find out.

I am looking ATM for an ancestor who, according to the census, was born in
Lisbon, Portugal in 1814. Colin suggested that his father could have been a
soldier in the Peninsilar War at that time. He said I might find some record
of this in the consular and chaplains' records at GreaterManchester County
Register Office on Marshall Street.

Has anyone else been here and would I need to book a microfilm reader or PC
when I go on Friday?

Thanks

Margaret