ENG-LAN-OLDHAM-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-LAN-OLDHAM > 2007-05 > 1179054232

From: "Mary Pendlebury" <>
Subject: Re: [ENG-LAN-OLDHAM] Churchyard burial grounds near Royton
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 12:03:52 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julie Dalton" <>

> Well your reply has certainly surprised me and in fact has made me quite
> cross. I feel that rather than being misled I have been fobbed off..The
> reply I got suggests that someone had looked up my request and my
> ancestores were not at Holy Trinity in 1905, rather than telling me that
> they did not have these records. Obviously, I just accepted what I was
> told.
> -------------------------------

Dear Julie

You do not say who you contacted for a lookup at Holy Trinity, Shaw, but I
suspect it may have been Oldham Local Studies & Archives.

If you look at their website at
www.oldham.gov.uk/community/local_studies.htm and go to the parish register
list (click on the menu at the right-hand side of the page) you will see
that they also hold parish magazines for this church from 1877 to 1965.
These list baptisms, marriages and burials each month in the usual parish
magazine way without a lot of detail. I expect that the person who answered
your enquiry looked at the magazines for 1905 to see is there was a relevant
burial listed. So maybe you weren't fobbed off after all.

Regards

Mary Pendlebury
Oldham

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.