ENG-LAN-OLDHAM-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-LAN-OLDHAM > 2007-05 > 1178968935

From: Julie Dalton <>
Subject: Re: [ENG-LAN-OLDHAM] Churchyard burial grounds near Royton
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 12:22:15 +0100

CHRISTINE wrote:

>Hi Julie, refresh me of the people that you are looking for. There are a few
>churches around Cowlishaw
>

>>I am trying to find aburial place of my Gt Grandmother & Gt Uncle who
>>both died in March 1905. The address at the time was Cowlishaw Lane
>>Royton Oldham.
>>
>>I have checked with the Cemeteries Office at Hollinwood and there is no
>>trace of cemetery burial so I am looking at churchyards in the area.
>>
>>I have already tried these places with no luck.
>>Holy Trinity, Shaw,
>>St Paul's, Royton
>>Friends Meeting House, Royton
>>Crompton cemetery
>>
>>Where else can I look in the area.
>>
>>regards
>>
>>Julie
>>

>Hi Christine

Thanks for your reply

I am looking for Hannah Travis who died 6 March 1905 age 43 at Cowlishaw
Lane Royton Oldham of typhoid fever and Great Uncle Walter Travis died
22 March 1905 age 18 also of of typhoid fever atWesthulme Hospital.

Any help at all would be much appreciated.

regards

Julie

This thread: