ENG-LAN-BOLTON-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-LAN-BOLTON > 2006-02 > 1140011707

From: "Pat Pike" <>
Subject: WW1
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:55:07 -0000

My Grandfather joined the Loyal North Lancashire Regiment was killed when the trench he was in was blown-up in 1915, there is a vivid account of this in the Farnworth Weekly Journal one week later dated Fri.18th June 1915, the 'page' gives a real insight of the times and propaganda, interesting to read.
He was in his 40's and was not required to volunteer, but as an 'old volunteer' and physically fit, he was accepted.
The War Memorial in Farnworth Park should have had his name engraved on it, but I have been told by my parents, the Mason chisled two W.Howarth instead of one with an S. Sad his family did not see him mentioned.
Is there anyone with any info on the North Loyal Lancs regiment?
Thanks Pat from Herts.

This thread: