ENG-EAST-YORKS-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-EAST-YORKS > 2010-11 > 1290547484

From: "Howard Mais" <>
Subject: [ENG-EAST-YORKS] Gone Missing (Again)
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 21:24:44 -0000

Hi

Thanks to Margaret and Kathryne for your suggestions.

The ancestor I am searching for is Thomas Clarke (or Clark). He was a witness at one of his son's weddings on 26th May 1890 and was recorded as deceased (which may or may not have been true) on the marriage certificate for one of his daughters (marriage on 16th December 1893).

I have the additional details below about him:-

a.. Age - c56 (baptised 19/10/1834 at Hook, Goole).
b.. Marital Status - Widower (unless there had been a remarriage of which I am unaware).
c.. Occupations - Grocer, Merchant, Tea Dealer, Commercial Traveller, Commission Agent.
d.. Last Known Residence - 4 Park Street Crescent, Hull, but not found on 1891 census.
e.. Offspring - Adam Clarke (wife Edith), Miriam Clarke, Francis Clarke, Maud Clarke, Mary Thompson Clarke, Cecilia Kirk, Emmeline Harrison and Elise Clough.
f.. Siblings - William Clarke, George Clarke, Sarah Benham and Mary Huntington.
The GRO have done a search for me for 1890 to 1892 for a death certificate but advise that none fit. In addition I have tried Wakefield and Hull/East Riding Register Offices for specific deaths but again without success.

I have also tried Hull Cemetery Burial Registers and monumental inscriptions, St John Newland graveyard records and Goole cemetery records, also without success.

Any further suggestions or help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

Howard Mais

This thread: