ENG-DURHAM-YORKS-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-DURHAM-YORKS > 2009-09 > 1252358741

From: "Dawn Webb" <>
Subject: Re: [ENG-DURHAM-YORKS] info on English BDM certs, Henry BERNHARDT
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 07:25:41 +1000

Thanks Cecilia - I thought English birth certs do not (necessarily) have the
mother's maiden name till about the 1920s. Interesting that they DO.
Having Mum's maiden name would certainly prove if she is or is not one of
those two possible marriages.

Before I order, is there likely to be anything like address of parents,
places of birth for the parents, year and place of their marriage etc as
there are on our local Victorian birth certs which were modelled on the
Scottish system and set up by a statistician?

Thank you

Dawn