ENG-DORSET-LIFE-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-DORSET-LIFE > 2012-01 > 1326375707

From: "John Newport" <>
Subject: Re: [DOR-LIFE] Pentridge - nearest railway station in 1904
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 13:41:47 -0000

Thanks MicL,

Yes, it does help a great deal. My grandfather was living in Pentridge at
the time and I found his brother and his wife having a child baptised at the
local church though they lived in West Hampstead.

I assumed that they had popped down for the day, or for a couple of days,
but I didn't know how easy or otherwise it might be to "pop down".

Thanks again for the information.

John