ELLIS-INDIAN-L Archives

Archiver > ELLIS-INDIAN > 2000-09 > 0970205843

From: "Mashane" <>
Subject: [ELLIS-INDIAN] New England Tribal records
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 23:37:23 -0600

I recently purchased a book called "Native American Directory" by Lorraine
Rainwaters Henry. It contains births, marriages and deaths of various
tribal members in Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York
and Wisconsin. Most of it is from the 1700's and 1800's, with a few from
the 1600's. Tribes mentioned in the book are Aquinah, Brothertown,
Christiantown, Dartmouth, Deep Bottom, Dudley, Hassanamisco, Herring Pond,
Mashpee, Massachusetts, Mohegan, Narragansetts, Natick, Nipmunk,
Passamaquoddy, Pequot, Punkapog, Troy, Tunxis, Wamesit, Wampanoag and
Yarmouth.

I looked for the name of ELLIS and did not find anything. However, I will
need to look through the marriages one by one to see if there are any there
because the listings are in alphabetical order according to the name of the
tribal member. So if they married an white person by the name of Ellis that
person would be listed second. If I find any Ellis as I look I will be sure
to post it to the list.

Marsha
"I am at one with my duality"

This thread: