EHLERS-L Archives

Archiver > EHLERS > 2004-07 > 1090698442

Subject: Re: Giekau church records filmed by LDS? what number?
Date: 24 Jul 2004 13:47:22 -0600

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/mVU.2ACEB/60.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1

Message Board Post:

Jean,

Thanks so much for the offer and I look forward to seeing your report.
My Ehlers quest has come to many dead ends so I have little to go by. I've pulled records from the Clinton library and court house showing that Mary C. Ehlers (Maria Carolina) married John H. Trenkamp (Johann Hinrich) 2/18/1879 at St. Boniface Catholic Church in Lyons (Clinton) Iowa. The Clinton records show that Henri emmigrated in 1874.
According to the 1880 census, Caroline was 28 years old at the time and that she was also from Oldenburg Germany (as was Henri). I reviewed the FHC tapes with the St.Gertrud Church, Lohne, Oldenburg records back to the 1600s and found all of my Trenkamp line but the name Ehlers was not to be found.
Since then I've been watching for clues that might help me trace the Ehlers line. (My web site includes what I know about Caroline and her picture.) Anything you have would be truly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Rich

This thread: