DisasterRelay-L Archives

Archiver > DisasterRelay > 2004-01 > 1074232240

From: Shirley <>
Subject: [DR] Trip to California
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 21:50:40 -0800

My aunt in southern California died yesterday and I'm flying down Saturday for
at least a week. I am not taking the laptop as it would be long distance to
connect at my uncle's. If something urgent arises with the lists, several folks
have my cell number. I will be staying in Tehachapi, so if anyone would like
to get together next week, please contact me privately no later than tomorrow
(Friday) night. I may not be able to check email before leaving on Saturday.

BTW, I think we all know that the airlines give a bereavement fare...but I found
out tonight that Avis Rent-a-car does the same, so possibly other car rental
agencies have a similar arrangement. I just happened to ask about it when I
made the reservation and was pleasantly surprised to find out they do offer
this. I saved $40 off a week's rental on a full-size car.

shirley

This thread: