DYFED-L Archives

Archiver > DYFED > 2009-02 > 1235171526

From: "Sylvia Birch" <>
Subject: Re: [Dyfed] REES marrying JENKINS or MATHIAS 1850s
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 23:12:06 -0000

Dear Mary and Gerry

1841 shows Jane Jenkins at home with her parents, living at Newton, Burton.
William was a shoemaker and his wife Dorothy. William Jenkins married
Dorothy James in Burton on the 19th April 1917.
In 1851 John Mathias is shown as a Masons apprentice, Frances is shown as
Masons daughter.
As you say Gerry, the 1841 shows Thomas Mathias as the only possibility
really, he is the only mason with the surname Mathias in Walton West.
Btw John and Frances were lodging with a Mary Riley in 1851 and that is the
same lady that John is shown to be lodging with in 1841.
1861 shows James and John Rees at home in Hubberston, Milford Haven, their
address says Formerly a Battery. Father Thomas, age 24 a labourer born St
Dogwells, mother Ann, age 34 born Burton.
Going back to 1841 Jane Jenkins parents were William and Dorothy. Her
brother and sisters as shown in 1841 were Ann aged 15, so I presume this
will be James and Johns mum. Jane age 11, Hannah age 8, Dorothy age 6 and
Maria age 2.

Sylvia
Pembrokeshire Census, Memorials, Hearths,
Orielton CD's and Baptist Sketches at
www.cenquest.co.uk