DUVALL-L Archives

Archiver > DUVALL > 2012-05 > 1336057443

From: ,
Subject: [DUVALL] Elias-Daniel-Orley Duvall (Devol)
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 15:04:06 -0000

Author: duvalrac
Surnames: Duval, Duvall, Devol, Punches, Pontious, Dils
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.duvall/1015/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I am looking for information about my great grandfathers. They lived mostly in Ohio. What I know so far: Elias was married to Catherine Punches (Pontious)and died in his 30s. Catherine's sister, Elizabeth Punches (Pontious) was also married to a Duvall (William), possibly a brother or cousin I am assuming. Catherine and Elias's son Daniel was married to Sarah Dils (from Ontario). Their son Orley was my greatx2 grandfather.

I cannot find any information on who Elias's parents were. Perhaps he changed his name or it was his middle name. I am pretty convinced that these Duvalls (Devols) were related to the rest of the Duvalls in Pickaway Ohio.

If anyone could help fill in the details I would be very appreciative. My grandfather (Orley's grandson) was an only child, is now deceased, and we have very little information about that side of the family.

Important Note: