DUKE-L Archives

Archiver > DUKE > 2007-01 > 1170207917

From: "Joe Duke" <>
Subject: Re: [DUKE] To Laura / Robert on the DUKE family in Georgia
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 19:45:37 -0600

Hi, Robert.

I see you are still trying to break that same brick wall, even after all
these years. I am sorry to know this has been such a difficult challenge
for you. But that is the game of the family tree business.

Have you thought of talking to the people at the FTDNA outfit, to let them
know about this problem?? They might be able to scan through their files
for your DNA number series, to see where the same set of numbers appear,
under some other surnames. If they would find a 'match' and would tell
you the surname of the matching family, you might be able to discover where
the (adopted) 'mystery man' named DUKE originated, in the SW corner of
Georgia.

I have seen some instances of (children) persons being adopted due to the
death of parents, and that may be how this man got into the DUKE family,
there in SE Alabama. It may not ever be known, how this came about,
however, so I do not want to get your hopes up too high. Sorry, but I am
at a loss to help with this real problem.

I wish you good fortune in your continuing quest for the facts.

Regards to you. Cousin Joe Duke