DRISCOLL-L Archives

Archiver > DRISCOLL > 2010-04 > 1271902330

From: ,
Subject: [DRISCOLL] Ellen Driscoll Collins of Lissane,Drimoleague and niece Noria Driscoll
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 02:34:00 -0000

Author: skibbgirl
Surnames: Driscoll
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.driscoll/680/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hello everybody!

My granddad's (John Humphrey Collins) paternal grandmother was Ellen Driscoll, born about 1830, whereabouts in Ireland unknown, married Michael Collins 28-Feb-1854 in Drimoleague (Ireland) I believe. They raised their family in Lissane, just north of Skibbereen, and Ellen died 27-Mar-1919 in Lissane in the household of son Michael.

The 1901 Ireland census record shows Ellen and Michael Collins with two of their adult children and a niece, Noria Driscoll, age 10. This is the only clue I have as to Ellen's identity.

I am at a loss finding an Hanora, Honora, Honoria, Nora, or Noria Driscoll, Driscole, or O'Driscoll born around 1890-1 in Skibbereen, so I am inclined to think that perhaps Noria stayed in Skibbereen with her aunt and uncle while attending school, but her own nuclear family was elsewhere, like Bantry or Clonakilty.

If anybody has any ideas about the origins of Ellen or Noria, I'd be so grateful if you contacted me! This is a true brick wall in my research, as my mother's surviving siblings know nothing about the Driscoll line in the family.

Important Note: