DOVER-L Archives

Archiver > DOVER > 2005-08 > 1123957397

From: <>
Subject: Re: [Dover] Louis Dover child
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 14:23:17 -0400

I believe this is Louis Lafayette Dover, son of Augustus McDowell Dover, and grandson of Francis Marion Dover.

Bartow County has a marriage for Lewis Dover to Mattie Wallace on October 16, 1887, and a marriage for L.L. Dover to Nancy J. Going on December 1, 1885. I believe his first marriage produced the child that died in 1893.

Here is a repost of some information I posted previously from the Cherokee Heritage Book:

William George Washington Going, Union County, SC
His son, William Mack Isaac Going m. Margaret Cordelia ("Delie" Cole Their daughter, Nancy Elizabeth Going, b. 11/25/1877, d. 12-55, m. Louise Lafayette Dover
Their children: Roland, Delie, Effie, Herman, Teddy, Clarence & Burrell.

Marjorie Dover Stansel