DONAUSCHWABEN-VILLAGES-L Archives

From: Melanie <>
Subject: Re: [DVHH] Kopf Ancesrty - Keglewichhausen
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 22:21:45 -0700 (PDT)

John,

Would you mind researching further to see what you can come up with? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you
Melanie

John Kornfeind <> wrote:
Dear Melanie,

I do not know whether you were able to establish any relationship of your ancestor to the community of Keglewichhausen. http://www.dvhh.org/keglewit/
If you go to the site which I have created you will be able to see all the spelling variations that have been used for the community name. You should be able to compare some of these to the Ellis Island Records and see if they come close.

I do have a Chronik for the village. In looking for the name Kopf, I do not see the specific spelling of the name in any of the listings for Keglewichhausen. IN the 1940's there were a number of households in which the family name was Kopp. If you wish me to research something further please let me know.

Best wishes with your search,

John J. Kornfeind - Keglewichhausen Village Coordinator
Glendale, AZ