DONAUSCHWABEN-VILLAGES-L Archives

From: "Mercydorf" <>
Subject: Re: [DVHH] Kopf Ancesrty - Dolatz
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 01:45:35 -0400

Melanie,

I couldn't find the record Harold located dated July 25,1906, but I found one arriving on
Aug 01, 1907 Miklos Kopf age 28 b. 1879 - single from Dalacz, Hungary
Back home there is a Conrad Kopf in Dalacz.
Joining acquaintance Nicholaus Tabor in Brooklyn, NY
http://ellisisland.org/search/passRecord.asp?pID=102039050041

German: Dolatz, Hungary
Hungarian: Doc, Romania
Hungarian: Dolacz, Hungary
Official: Dolat, Romania

1920 United States Federal Census > New Jersey > Mercer > Trenton Ward 11 > District 97
Name / Age Mikolas Kopf 33 immigrated from (written over Hungary) is Damask OC
Frances Kopf 33 - wife immigrated 191-? last digit is difficult to read.
Margaret Kopf 8
Michael Kopf 5

I tried really hard to read Dolacz in "Damask" but I just didn't see it as a variant. Damask wasn't listed in the Hungarian Gazetteer either, and I couldn't find anything on this such place. And it seems that "OC" maybe "former (something)" - seems like I've seem that on former Yugoslavia locations.

1930 United States Federal Census > New York > Queens > Queens (Districts 1-250) > District 66
Nicolas Kopf 42 b. 1888 in Hungary, immigrated 1906, Store Keeper.
Francis Kopf 42 b. immigrated 1909
Margaret Kopf 18 NJ
Micheal Kopf 15 NJ
Both married at age 20 = 1908. *** this is so, they were already married with Francis immigrated.) MELANIE, do you know when they were married and where?

Jun 27, 1911 Metzger, Borbala age 34 b. 1877 Dolacz, Hungary - husband Leonard in Dolacz. Looks like she is born in NagyJesca.
http://ellisisland.org/search/passRecord.asp?pID=102970070204

Tabor, Miklos age 38 1868 Dolacz w/wife and 2 kids, going to NY:
http://ellisisland.org/search/passRecord.asp?pID=102296090116

Hope some of this helps,
Jody