DONAUSCHWABEN-VILLAGES-L Archives

From: "Susan Williams" <>
Subject: Re: [DVHH] Kopf Ancesrty - Trenton, NJ
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 18:01:56 -0400

Melanie -- I'm hoping that Dennis Bauer might have some information.

In the meantime, Dave Dreyer has created a database of Banaters, etc.
taking from manifest records. Here are records that might pertain to your
family:
KOPF Anton -[K100 ]- Age: 18 -From: Segenthau
-DtAr: Wednesday, 20 Mar 1907 - To: New York, NY -Via: Bre/NY -Ship:
Kronprinz Wilhelm
-Note: Born in Segenthau. Going to join cousin, Johann Frei.

KOPF Barbara -[K100]- Age: 31 -From: Werschetz
-DtAr: Wednesday, 22 Oct 1913 - To: Chicago, IL -Via: Bre/NY -Ship:
Friedrich D Gr
-Note: Accompanied by son, Johann 6, both born in Warschetz. Father, Franz
Ruckert, lives in Werschetz. Going to join husband, Johann Kopf. Previously
lived in Chicago, 1909-1912.

KOPF Barbara -[K100 ]- Age: 48 -From: Segenthau
-DtAr: Thursday, 23 May 1907 - To: Trenton, NJ -Via: Fiu/NY -Ship: Slavonia
-Note: Accompanied by kids, Georg 8 and Anna 2, all born in Segenthau. Going
to join husband, Josef Kopf.

KOPF Elise -[K100]- Age: 46 -From: Tschakowa
-DtAr: Friday, 21 Nov 1902 - To: Baltimore, MD -Via: Bre/Bal -Ship: Hannover

KOPF Johann -[K100]- Age: 42 -From: Winga
-DtAr: Wednesday, 2 May 1906 - To: Philadelphia, PA -Via: Fiu/NY -Ship:
Ultonia
-Note: Accompanied by wife, Rosalia 36. Going to join cousin, Adam Wagner.

KOPF Mathias -[K100]- Age: 17 -From: Temeswar-Mehala
-DtAr: Tuesday, 21 May 1907 - To: Philadelphia, PA -Via: Bre/NY -Ship:
Bremen
-Note: Born in Temeswar/Mehala. Going to join uncle, Josef Mueller.

KOPF Michael -[K100 ]- Age: 15 -From: Segenthau
-DtAr: Tuesday, 22 Aug 1911 - To: New York, NY -Via: Bre/NY -Ship: K Wilhelm
D Gr
-Note: Born in Segenthau. Mother, Barbara Kopf, lives at Segenthau 34. Going
to join father, Michael Kopf.

KOPF Michael -[K100 ]- Age: 32 -From: Segenthau
-DtAr: Wednesday, 24 Apr 1907 - To: Trenton, NJ -Via: Fiu/NY -Ship: Pannonia
-Note: Born in Segenthau. Going to join uncle, Johann Kopf.

KOPF Michael -[K100]- Age: 36 -From: Glogowatz
-DtAr: Tuesday, 22 Oct 1912 - To: Chicago, IL -Via: Bre/NY -Ship: Main
-Note: Born in Glogowatz. Accompanied by wife, Magdalena 30 and kids, Johann
11 1/2, Magdalena 10, Theresia 4 and Michael 3. Wife and kids born in
Baumgarten. Father, Michael Kopf, lives at Baumgarten 28. Going to join
cousin, Johann Heiberger. Last residence, St Leanyfalva

As you can see there is at least one record of Kopf's going to Trenton.

Let me know if any of this information appears familiar or useful. I
believe there are several mentions of Johann Kopf ... he might be the link
to your Nicholas.

Susan