DONAUSCHWABEN-VILLAGES-L Archives

From: Melanie <>
Subject: [DVHH] Kopf Ancesrty
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 11:51:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hi! I am new to the list and just figured out how to send an email to the list. I have come to a stopping point in my geneological research because i cannot find any other leads. I wonder if someone would be so kind as to possibly be able to help me in any way. my great grandfather was Nicholas Kopf born November 11, 1988. Before my grandmothers passing she said he was born in Hungary but due to dimentia she couldnt remember where. He was married to Frances Ruff also born in Hungary. Her parents are unknown to me. My great grandfather's father was John or Johan Kopf also born in Hungary. His birthdate was April 18, 1860. He was married to Barbara Matzer also born in Hungary on April 13, 1865. I have only last names for Barbara's parents. Mother's maiden name was Gaug according to the copy of the death certificate i have. Now John or Johan's(the spelling was changed) father was also Nicholas Kopf(if i remember correctly children were named after family members)
anyway Nicholas was also born in Hungary. I dont think he ever came to the United States. Nicholas' wife was Veronica...maiden name unknown...

I hope I have given enough information for someone to help me so to send in in the correct direction. I would like to thank anyone who may be able to help.

Melanie Stinson