DONAUSCHWABEN-VILLAGES-L Archives

From: "Linda McKenna" <>
Subject: Re: [DVHH] Knees in Banat
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 23:02:35 -0400

Know what you mean. Both my husband and son got scratched from the thorns
and their arms swelled unbelievably large. Yes, they were having allergic
reaction to the locust trees. WE've cut down those in the lawn and yes, the
root system is somthing else. But we, like you kept those in the back forty
in what is now a wooded lot. They smell wonderfully each spring. My
grandfather used locust for fence posts as they grow so straight and do not
rot easily. Farmers loved them.
Linda