DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2012-03 > 1331945260

From: Jerry Kelly <>
Subject: Re: [R-M222] Balchraggan
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:47:40 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, David.  I don't speak Scottish Gaelic and we're looking at an anglicization, but Balchraggan looks to me to be based on the root-words Baile Chreagáin - Townland of the Small Crag.  Just as you point out, this could be the 'height' in question.  Or even Kirkhill / Church-hill.
Go raibh sé sin cabhrach / Hope that's helpful,Jerry

Treibheanna Éireannacha

www.irishtribes.com