DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2012-02 > 1329007401

From: <>
Subject: Re: [R-M222] Paper on M222
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 19:43:21 -0500

Hello John,

I read and will read again your fine paper.

I need to point out that I have been working on the DF23 folk and there are
now included 3 French descended individuals with a fourth expected shortly.
These are all deep clade tested and have at least 67 markers. That these
Frenchmen represent one-third of the total DF23's so far may indicate that
DF23 developed on the Continent and its M222 descendant also. The whole lot
of DF23's can be viewed at R-L21 Plus DNA website, Page 3.

The question of the date of the origination of M222 is a good one. Do you
mean the date of the appearance of the M222 SNP or do you mean the start of
the STR's mutations from WAMH to M222 Modal? In no case can they be
simultaneous. I use 12 M222 signature Markers with a total of 15 mutations
to look at possible M222 people. At 100 years per mutation, this would mean
that the marker changes would have taken 1500 years before the M222 SNP
appeared and at 150 per mutation, 2250 years. Interestingly, it takes 2
signature markers to determine DF23 - 413a <23 AND 481 > 22 with most other
markers = WAMH.

Enjoy the work on your site and hope to chat with soon again.

Best regards,

Mike Hannan

This thread: