DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2012-01 > 1326160073

From: Christopher Jacques <>
Subject: Re: [R-M222] Dohertys in M222 table
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 17:47:53 -0800

Hello Bob,

The branches of the Dohertys also include McDevitts, Cafferkeys and McConnellogues, and their many spelling variants.
And probably several other surnames as well.
I am not sure how my Connell family fits in (kit 179948, tested R-M222), but it seems premature to exclude folks based on the FTDNA GD.
What is THE Doherty modal? I have not seen it defined on the Doherty Surname Project pages.
A "more defined set of participants" may make for an interesting study, but additional participants and inclusion of more surnames , however inconvenient, will probably be more enlightening in the long run.
Thanks for the good work.

Best,
Chris Jacques