DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2012-01 > 1325759138

From: "Sandy Paterson" <>
Subject: Re: [R-M222] analysis
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 10:25:38 -0000

John

If by the Poisson distribution, you mean the ln(257/89)/.022, then you've
misunderstood. It has nothing to do with Poisson. As I recall, it is simply
a check on the linear estimation by comparing it with an estimate using
proportion on modal. If the two answers come out around the same, he takes
it as a good sign that the mutations in the population haven't resulted in
some strange distribution.

If you are interested, I can explain what a Poisson distribution is.

Sandy