DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2011-12 > 1324914545

Subject: Re: [R-M222] Ulster
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 10:49:05 -0500 (EST)

Bernard, you have just worked out the reason why I am proposing we use the
O'Docherty DNA surname from the Cenel Conaill and not the O'Donnell, which
in my view, lacks a creditable result(s) with a sound paper trail back to
the 1600s (unless you know differently?). I am more than acquainted with the
O'Doherty and O'Donnell genealogies of the Cenel Conail and the McLauglin
genealogy of Cenel Eoghan (and can pull out of my book case at home,
O'Brien's Corpus Genealogiarum Hebernias, or Moody's et el's 9th Volume of A
History of Ireland that contains lists of Genealogies of the major kingship of
Ireland, or Byrne's Irish Kings and High-Kings), as others on this forum
can also do. However, what concerns me now, already, this discussion is in
danger of becoming derailed and it has hardly even begun. I will share
something separately offline that might be of interest to you. Alan